The Theme Unit Test data is a WordPress import file will fill a WordPress site with enough stub data (posts, media, users) to test a theme.
The Theme Unit Tests are manual tests to walk through to test theme functionality and how the theme responds to the edge-cases of content and settings.
Theme Unit Test Overview
- Fix PHP and WordPress errors. Add the following debug setting to your
wp-config.phpfile to see deprecated function calls and other WordPress-related errors:
See Deprecated Functions Hook for more information.
- Check template files against Template File Checklist (see above).
- Do a run-through using the Theme Unit Test.
- Validate HTML and CSS. See Validating a Website.
- Test in all your target browsers. For example Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Clean up any extraneous comments, debug settings or TODO items.
- See Theme Review if you are publicly releasing the Theme by submitting it to the Themes Directory.